Cookies Hoot Owls
- Leave a Comment
- Related Items
One more way to make your kids happy. Preparation takes time because you have to chill the dough long. But the cookies are delicious and we liked it, out kids kindergarden liked them too 🙂
Cookies Hoot Owls
1 cup = 237 ml
- 1 ½ cups roughly ground graham crackers
- 5 tbsps. melted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 600 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tbsps. all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- Mix all crust ingredients and press into bottom of a 23 cm spring form pan.
- Chill while preparing pumpkin cheesecake batter.
- Preheat oven at 175°C.
- In a mixing bowl beat together cream cheese, sugar, flour and all spices till smooth.
- Combine eggs, yolks and vanilla then add it to cheese mixture one at a time on low speed, scraping the side of the bowl on each addition.
- Fold in pumpkin puree.
- Pour in prepared spring form pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, the center should be slightly “jiggly”.
- Cool completely and refrigerate for 4 hours before unmolding.
>One more recipe from the book Simple recipes III. There are three books published in this serie. And almost all recipes that I”ve tried were really simple and were admited by my family. This cake is really late, because rhubarbs season ended long time ago. But my coworkers liked it – cake disappeared in half an hour 🙂 So next year I will really repeat it, and only next time I will bake top a little bit more – to get really brown top.
I baked this challah a lot of times, because I just love it. The last time I baked it I prepared the dough and to rise the first time I put it in a fridge for the night. The next morning I took it out, formed challah and let rise it the second time, then baked it. So that morning we had delicious breakfast with still warm challah.
I must confess – I have never ate the real kibinai ? But this weekend we had some guests who likes kibinai a lot, and they said that these kibinai are very good (kibinai also agreed with guests “cause they disappeared from the plate very fast ? )
We’re getting used to make pizza every weekend. Maybe because I prepare pizza dough in bread machine and freeze for later use. So when friday comes, I take one pizza dough ball from the freezer and put it in the fridge. Next day I just have to stretch it out and put all the leftovers from the fridge. But it’s an other story 🙂
This pie I caked in the beginning of this summer, but still in supermarket I saw rhubarbs, so maybe you still have some at home too. This pie is not very sweet. Next time I think I’ll double sugar in the filling or use less rhubarbs. But anyway, when this pie was cold kids and adults enjoyed it a lot!