Oatmeal coconut cookies
- Leave a Comment
- Related Items
Magic cookies – they always disappear the first day you bake them. I know that Forelle has cookies alike, just even better – with nuts. But now I’m ok without nuts 🙂 I eat them, just because of my new allergy I’m looking at all ingredients carefully. You should really try them 🙂 And today after a hard day and looking forward more hard working week I understand that life is still beautiful 🙂 Maybe it”s because of yesterday read quote “Everything will be ok. If things are not OK, than it”s not the end.”
Oatmeal coconut cookies
Yields: 20 cookies
Calories: 112 kcal / cookie
1 cup = 237 ml
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line baking trays with baking sheet.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the coconut and oats.
- Melt butter with the sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove it from the stove and let it cool for 2 minutes. Pour the melted butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula.
- Roll into balls the size of walnuts and place 2-3 cm apart on the baking sheet and flatten it slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool on the sheets until they firm slightly. Then using a spatula carefully lift the cookies and transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Source: Eggless cooking
When I got some chanterelles, I decided to bake this year something new. And because I know how convenient to take non-sweet pies for lunch at work, I chose this recipe. Only in original recipe says to use more salt then I usually need, so I give here already corrected recipe.
We don’t eat smoked bacon with onions and bread often, just sometimes 🙂 But after visiting family in farm we got a big cut of smoked bacon. So I baked buns with bacon. I just love them, but my hubby don’t. Anyway, I baked and froze a lot of buns, so now I have snack or breakfast for a long time:)
Tomorrow is Mardi Gras, and it seems, if I had no kids, I could forget it. But not now, because my kids already said what pancakes I should bake for their school. And as always my mind is busy about ideas what I could make tasty to feed my family. These crepes takes it all – they are very delicious and very satisfying. And everything in preparation is very simple and clear. But every time I prepare them, all just start to fight for them. For me, it gives a lot of pleasure. Since it is very tasty, it is difficult to stop eating them, so I make them not very often but during Mardi Gras you really can treat yourself.
When today children heard that will be these waffles for lunch, impatiently waited until they baked and of course waffles disappeared quickly. Daughter even after a dance session ate all leftovers. She literally licked the plate clean (I had to look carefully into the plate to understand that it was not washed out :)). But don’t think that some wild people live down here in our house, I have to mention that she licked the sauce with waffle, not with the tongue 🙂
Somehow I forget to set my breadmaker to bake the bread or remember only very late in the evening. If there was no bread the next day my hubby would be starving 🙂 So I had to do something. And have to say that hubby very liked the bread with cheese.