Oatmeal coconut cookies
- Leave a Comment
- Related Items
Magic cookies – they always disappear the first day you bake them. I know that Forelle has cookies alike, just even better – with nuts. But now I’m ok without nuts 🙂 I eat them, just because of my new allergy I’m looking at all ingredients carefully. You should really try them 🙂 And today after a hard day and looking forward more hard working week I understand that life is still beautiful 🙂 Maybe it”s because of yesterday read quote “Everything will be ok. If things are not OK, than it”s not the end.”
Oatmeal coconut cookies
Yields: 20 cookies
Calories: 112 kcal / cookie
1 cup = 237 ml
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line baking trays with baking sheet.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the coconut and oats.
- Melt butter with the sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove it from the stove and let it cool for 2 minutes. Pour the melted butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula.
- Roll into balls the size of walnuts and place 2-3 cm apart on the baking sheet and flatten it slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool on the sheets until they firm slightly. Then using a spatula carefully lift the cookies and transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Source: Eggless cooking
This bread was baked in a lot of blogs and forums, but I could photograph it just now, although I baked it already five times. My hands and eyes were not successfull 🙂 One time I overrised it, next time had to use rye flour, another next time some othe my mistakes. But despite that this bread is really good, like in old times. Just I would prefere to use milk instead water – it changes bread texture, it becomes more mild.
When today children heard that will be these waffles for lunch, impatiently waited until they baked and of course waffles disappeared quickly. Daughter even after a dance session ate all leftovers. She literally licked the plate clean (I had to look carefully into the plate to understand that it was not washed out :)). But don’t think that some wild people live down here in our house, I have to mention that she licked the sauce with waffle, not with the tongue 🙂
Autorius: Aušra Data: 2009-11-05 Cookies all alone are very deliciuos so my hubby tried to hide them in his stomach. And when he heard that they will be filled with chocolate he understood that he …
It’s super easy but super good! I couldn”t imagine that I will like it so much. Before I tried this dough, dumplings at my house was really a guest. But now I prepare them with meat, curd or other chosen filling. My family likes it. I saw that Skanus gyvenimas prepared very similar dumpling dough but with eggs. I didn”t tried it yet, but sure it should taste even more better. But anyway, the recipe below gives very plastic, not sticking, unshrinkable dough. It”s a little bit like plasteline 🙂 And I just love it.
At last I found bread that my hubby really enjoyed eating it 🙂 Yeah… For long time I baked only bread without the crust. But now I have big hopes that we will make a break with it and start baking this potato bread. By the way, the taste of this bread is slightly similar to “švilpikai” 🙂