- Leave a Comment
- Related Items
This year we met at home only with kids. So the preparation for the evening wasn’t much. This cake in all recipe sources got a lot of compliments. I agree with them – it’s really good and simple. I used 26cm cake form. And I really suggest you to warm the mascarpone and condensed milk mixture, because if you won’t do it you’ll get lumps when you pour gelatine (Then I had to put the mixture in a warm bath and wait till mixture warms and lumps dissolve).
Yields: 12 servings
Calories: 424 kcal / serving
- For the base:
- 225 g cookies (I used chocolate cookies)
- 100 g butter, melted
- 100 g nuts (I used pecans)
- For the filling:
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 can (385 g) sweetened condensed milk
- 250 g cream, 35% fat
- 3 tbsps. gelatine(I used Dr.Oetker, I used 2 1/2 tbsps.)
- cinnamon for dusting
- Put nuts in a blender and blend a little bit.
- Then put cookies and blend till the crumbs.
- Pour melted butter and mix.
- Put cookie mixture in a cake form lined with foil. Cover bottom and sides of the form. Put in a refrigerator.
- Pour over gelatine some water and let bloat (if you pour too much water, when gelatine bloats put it into a sieve and let water to run off).
- Mix mascarpone cheese and condensed milk, warm a little bit.
- Beat cold cream till the rigid foam.
- Mix in the cheese and milk mixture cream and dissolved gelatine.
- Pour the filling in a cake form.
- Coat with cinnamon and put in a refrigerator for 3 hour or more.
I’m happy and proud. This cake is not just tasty but very cute 🙂 It was made for my daughter’s 5th birthday. But presenting it only now because somewhere at this time my blog is celebrating 3 year old birthday and at the same time I celebrated my birthday anniversary. But this year birthday was different – I didn’t do anything, just celebrated 🙂
Author: Aušra Date: 2010-10-17 Carrot muffins where you can’t feel carrots because it smells banana 🙂 If you don’t like the taste of carrots in bakings – these muffins are just for you. Carrot muffins …
I have no time to do nothing 🙂 My job is taking all my time. Good news that it will not last forever. So I have no time to bake cookies or pies, but it doesn’t stop me from wanting some sweets. And these cookies are perfect – you can form a log and then put in a freezer for later bake, when you will have no spare time.
This morning was cloudy so it was a good time to cook this oatmeal. My kids don”t like simple oatmeal (or I just think that I still didn”t learn to cook it tasty), so I decided to make a little bit sweet but still healty version. Banana gives mild sweetness and nuts adds some crunchy texture. In the original recipe walnuts are used, but we don”t like them so I changed them to hazelnuts. At the end my little one asked next time not to add nuts at all. So decide by yourself to use or not to use nuts in your oatmeal.
These ice creams are very creamy, with a mild taste of honey and peach. Just we all agreed that next time I will puree all peaches, because those that I chopped became like little ice cristals and were very very cold ? And in the photo you can see what conditions I have almost all the time photographing my creations 😀