- Leave a Comment
- Related Items
This year we met at home only with kids. So the preparation for the evening wasn’t much. This cake in all recipe sources got a lot of compliments. I agree with them – it’s really good and simple. I used 26cm cake form. And I really suggest you to warm the mascarpone and condensed milk mixture, because if you won’t do it you’ll get lumps when you pour gelatine (Then I had to put the mixture in a warm bath and wait till mixture warms and lumps dissolve).
Yields: 12 servings
Calories: 424 kcal / serving
- For the base:
- 225 g cookies (I used chocolate cookies)
- 100 g butter, melted
- 100 g nuts (I used pecans)
- For the filling:
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 can (385 g) sweetened condensed milk
- 250 g cream, 35% fat
- 3 tbsps. gelatine(I used Dr.Oetker, I used 2 1/2 tbsps.)
- cinnamon for dusting
- Put nuts in a blender and blend a little bit.
- Then put cookies and blend till the crumbs.
- Pour melted butter and mix.
- Put cookie mixture in a cake form lined with foil. Cover bottom and sides of the form. Put in a refrigerator.
- Pour over gelatine some water and let bloat (if you pour too much water, when gelatine bloats put it into a sieve and let water to run off).
- Mix mascarpone cheese and condensed milk, warm a little bit.
- Beat cold cream till the rigid foam.
- Mix in the cheese and milk mixture cream and dissolved gelatine.
- Pour the filling in a cake form.
- Coat with cinnamon and put in a refrigerator for 3 hour or more.
This morning was cloudy so it was a good time to cook this oatmeal. My kids don”t like simple oatmeal (or I just think that I still didn”t learn to cook it tasty), so I decided to make a little bit sweet but still healty version. Banana gives mild sweetness and nuts adds some crunchy texture. In the original recipe walnuts are used, but we don”t like them so I changed them to hazelnuts. At the end my little one asked next time not to add nuts at all. So decide by yourself to use or not to use nuts in your oatmeal.
Once girls from Kaunas invited me to join small party called “50 cocoa shades”. I scrolled a lot of recipes and tried three of them, but only one was the one (others were good enough to eat, but just it). These nuts are very contagious – you start to nibble and forget to stop. They are not too sweet, you perfectly taste hazelnuts, so I liked them very very much.
Author: Aušra Date: 2010-10-17 Carrot muffins where you can’t feel carrots because it smells banana 🙂 If you don’t like the taste of carrots in bakings – these muffins are just for you. Carrot muffins …
At last this hear I grew some rhubarbs. And baked this muffins in June, but they appear on my blog only now. Sorry 🙂 These muffins are soft and I recommendto bake them in paper forms. I sprinkled some with cinnamon mixture, some didn’t. My hubby decided that with cinnamon is better. And I, cinnamon lover, can’t disagree with him 🙂
Don’t know why but this autumn I’m hooked on beetroots. Every weekend I boil some beetroots and through the week I incorporate them in our dishes. And then story repeats. When I wanted for dinner something light, I prepared these salads. By the way, this recipe in the book is called carpaccio, but I think it’s more salads, and the name is more usual and not so fancy 🙂 . Family girls enjoy them, the big boy ate them and just said that more balsamic vinegar would be better, and the little boy as always, prepared some theater and then ate them, just without enjoyment. So I remember these salads as they are fit for girls 🙂 And I prepared very similar salads with hazelnuts, and they were very good too. So as always – don’t be afraid to experiment and correct ingredients by your refrigerator or cupboard products.