- Leave a Comment
- Related Items
This year we met at home only with kids. So the preparation for the evening wasn’t much. This cake in all recipe sources got a lot of compliments. I agree with them – it’s really good and simple. I used 26cm cake form. And I really suggest you to warm the mascarpone and condensed milk mixture, because if you won’t do it you’ll get lumps when you pour gelatine (Then I had to put the mixture in a warm bath and wait till mixture warms and lumps dissolve).
Yields: 12 servings
Calories: 424 kcal / serving
- For the base:
- 225 g cookies (I used chocolate cookies)
- 100 g butter, melted
- 100 g nuts (I used pecans)
- For the filling:
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 can (385 g) sweetened condensed milk
- 250 g cream, 35% fat
- 3 tbsps. gelatine(I used Dr.Oetker, I used 2 1/2 tbsps.)
- cinnamon for dusting
- Put nuts in a blender and blend a little bit.
- Then put cookies and blend till the crumbs.
- Pour melted butter and mix.
- Put cookie mixture in a cake form lined with foil. Cover bottom and sides of the form. Put in a refrigerator.
- Pour over gelatine some water and let bloat (if you pour too much water, when gelatine bloats put it into a sieve and let water to run off).
- Mix mascarpone cheese and condensed milk, warm a little bit.
- Beat cold cream till the rigid foam.
- Mix in the cheese and milk mixture cream and dissolved gelatine.
- Pour the filling in a cake form.
- Coat with cinnamon and put in a refrigerator for 3 hour or more.
Tasty and easy 🙂 Put ingredients to the forms and while baking in an oven, you can go wake up your family. I prepared them already two times, but both times I over-baked it a little bit and the egg yolks were strong. But neglecting that we liked it, especially my hubby liked the eggs with a feta. And my parents said that these eggs are very solid.
I chose this cake because it was with lemon, so had to be refreshing, and it was in butterfly shape – it had to fit for my daughter’s birthday, because she love every creature that is alive 🙂 And I was wright! The cake was very good! I baked only half portion, but it was really enough for 6-8 people. Only next time I would bake only 2/3 of sponge, because we like when cake is almost all of cream and sponge is a very thin layer. But you should decide by yourself.
I have no time to do nothing 🙂 My job is taking all my time. Good news that it will not last forever. So I have no time to bake cookies or pies, but it doesn’t stop me from wanting some sweets. And these cookies are perfect – you can form a log and then put in a freezer for later bake, when you will have no spare time.
I can’t decide – I became lazy or just too tired to do anything. So still living and looking for quick and easy food. This lazy cake is not very sweet, so peope with sweet tooth maybe should add some sugar. But we liked it a lot – it’s not too sweet (as I mentioned 🙂 ), moist and creamy consistency.
I made this dessert last year several times. But I was late to add recipe here, so it waited quietly for today.
I found the soft sourness of rhubarb very very delicious with cream cheese cream. Others also liked it a lot. This year rhubarbs in my garden has grown and this weekend I am going to repeat again this dessert.