- Leave a Comment
- Related Items
This year we met at home only with kids. So the preparation for the evening wasn’t much. This cake in all recipe sources got a lot of compliments. I agree with them – it’s really good and simple. I used 26cm cake form. And I really suggest you to warm the mascarpone and condensed milk mixture, because if you won’t do it you’ll get lumps when you pour gelatine (Then I had to put the mixture in a warm bath and wait till mixture warms and lumps dissolve).
Yields: 12 servings
Calories: 424 kcal / serving
- For the base:
- 225 g cookies (I used chocolate cookies)
- 100 g butter, melted
- 100 g nuts (I used pecans)
- For the filling:
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 can (385 g) sweetened condensed milk
- 250 g cream, 35% fat
- 3 tbsps. gelatine(I used Dr.Oetker, I used 2 1/2 tbsps.)
- cinnamon for dusting
- Put nuts in a blender and blend a little bit.
- Then put cookies and blend till the crumbs.
- Pour melted butter and mix.
- Put cookie mixture in a cake form lined with foil. Cover bottom and sides of the form. Put in a refrigerator.
- Pour over gelatine some water and let bloat (if you pour too much water, when gelatine bloats put it into a sieve and let water to run off).
- Mix mascarpone cheese and condensed milk, warm a little bit.
- Beat cold cream till the rigid foam.
- Mix in the cheese and milk mixture cream and dissolved gelatine.
- Pour the filling in a cake form.
- Coat with cinnamon and put in a refrigerator for 3 hour or more.
I have no time to do nothing 🙂 My job is taking all my time. Good news that it will not last forever. So I have no time to bake cookies or pies, but it doesn’t stop me from wanting some sweets. And these cookies are perfect – you can form a log and then put in a freezer for later bake, when you will have no spare time.
The first time I baked these cookies with my daugther. They were very delicious and very sweet. So next time I used less sugar, but they spread less while baking. Here I give you proportions with less sugar because I like when cookies are cookies and not candies 🙂 By the way, when I used hazelnuts my hubby said to leave them at home (didn’t let to take them to my work) 🙂 So it says everything about the taste of these cookies.
Once girls from Kaunas invited me to join small party called “50 cocoa shades”. I scrolled a lot of recipes and tried three of them, but only one was the one (others were good enough to eat, but just it). These nuts are very contagious – you start to nibble and forget to stop. They are not too sweet, you perfectly taste hazelnuts, so I liked them very very much.
From the look, dessert is very simple. But when you taste it, you understand that the taste is more different than the view – taste is adorable. Everyone in my family couldn’t stop after one bite. I devided dough to four ramekins because the portions were very small, but I did mistake. I really should devide it to 8 cups because this cream is very satisfying.
At last this hear I grew some rhubarbs. And baked this muffins in June, but they appear on my blog only now. Sorry 🙂 These muffins are soft and I recommendto bake them in paper forms. I sprinkled some with cinnamon mixture, some didn’t. My hubby decided that with cinnamon is better. And I, cinnamon lover, can’t disagree with him 🙂