- Leave a Comment
- Related Items
This year we met at home only with kids. So the preparation for the evening wasn’t much. This cake in all recipe sources got a lot of compliments. I agree with them – it’s really good and simple. I used 26cm cake form. And I really suggest you to warm the mascarpone and condensed milk mixture, because if you won’t do it you’ll get lumps when you pour gelatine (Then I had to put the mixture in a warm bath and wait till mixture warms and lumps dissolve).
Yields: 12 servings
Calories: 424 kcal / serving
- For the base:
- 225 g cookies (I used chocolate cookies)
- 100 g butter, melted
- 100 g nuts (I used pecans)
- For the filling:
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 can (385 g) sweetened condensed milk
- 250 g cream, 35% fat
- 3 tbsps. gelatine(I used Dr.Oetker, I used 2 1/2 tbsps.)
- cinnamon for dusting
- Put nuts in a blender and blend a little bit.
- Then put cookies and blend till the crumbs.
- Pour melted butter and mix.
- Put cookie mixture in a cake form lined with foil. Cover bottom and sides of the form. Put in a refrigerator.
- Pour over gelatine some water and let bloat (if you pour too much water, when gelatine bloats put it into a sieve and let water to run off).
- Mix mascarpone cheese and condensed milk, warm a little bit.
- Beat cold cream till the rigid foam.
- Mix in the cheese and milk mixture cream and dissolved gelatine.
- Pour the filling in a cake form.
- Coat with cinnamon and put in a refrigerator for 3 hour or more.
This year my little boy turned 4! And this is his cake. I spend a lot of time looking for the right cake. The choice was good! Maybe a little bit cream was fat, but it was tasty. Also I drizzled sponge with cherry compote. For 6 people the cake was too big, so leftovers I freezed and now I can enjoy it with the afternoon coffee 🙂
This cake was the perfect choice, because it was VERY DELICIOUS! It was prepared very quickly and my son was able to make everything by his own. It has only one minus – need to wait till the next day to enjoy.
I made this dessert last year several times. But I was late to add recipe here, so it waited quietly for today.
I found the soft sourness of rhubarb very very delicious with cream cheese cream. Others also liked it a lot. This year rhubarbs in my garden has grown and this weekend I am going to repeat again this dessert.
A few days ago I thought that I baked cookies very long time ago. And my mother mentioned that she liked the cookies that baked with chocolate. And I wanted oat cookies. So when I saw this recipe I decided to make them 🙂 Because my hubby don’t want to eat sweets, almost all cookies went to my work. And I have to say that I had no cookies to take home 🙂
I’m happy and proud. This cake is not just tasty but very cute 🙂 It was made for my daughter’s 5th birthday. But presenting it only now because somewhere at this time my blog is celebrating 3 year old birthday and at the same time I celebrated my birthday anniversary. But this year birthday was different – I didn’t do anything, just celebrated 🙂