- Leave a Comment
- Related Items
This year we met at home only with kids. So the preparation for the evening wasn’t much. This cake in all recipe sources got a lot of compliments. I agree with them – it’s really good and simple. I used 26cm cake form. And I really suggest you to warm the mascarpone and condensed milk mixture, because if you won’t do it you’ll get lumps when you pour gelatine (Then I had to put the mixture in a warm bath and wait till mixture warms and lumps dissolve).
Yields: 12 servings
Calories: 424 kcal / serving
- For the base:
- 225 g cookies (I used chocolate cookies)
- 100 g butter, melted
- 100 g nuts (I used pecans)
- For the filling:
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 can (385 g) sweetened condensed milk
- 250 g cream, 35% fat
- 3 tbsps. gelatine(I used Dr.Oetker, I used 2 1/2 tbsps.)
- cinnamon for dusting
- Put nuts in a blender and blend a little bit.
- Then put cookies and blend till the crumbs.
- Pour melted butter and mix.
- Put cookie mixture in a cake form lined with foil. Cover bottom and sides of the form. Put in a refrigerator.
- Pour over gelatine some water and let bloat (if you pour too much water, when gelatine bloats put it into a sieve and let water to run off).
- Mix mascarpone cheese and condensed milk, warm a little bit.
- Beat cold cream till the rigid foam.
- Mix in the cheese and milk mixture cream and dissolved gelatine.
- Pour the filling in a cake form.
- Coat with cinnamon and put in a refrigerator for 3 hour or more.
Autorius: Aušra Data: 2009-11-05 Cookies all alone are very deliciuos so my hubby tried to hide them in his stomach. And when he heard that they will be filled with chocolate he understood that he …
When I found this recipe I was so exited that baked them a few weekends for breakfast. Cream makes them frangible and even when they are cold they stay very tasty. I bake half of the portion but it’s enough for two kids and two parents for the light breakfast. I really recommend you!
This year my little boy turned 4! And this is his cake. I spend a lot of time looking for the right cake. The choice was good! Maybe a little bit cream was fat, but it was tasty. Also I drizzled sponge with cherry compote. For 6 people the cake was too big, so leftovers I freezed and now I can enjoy it with the afternoon coffee 🙂
This year we had a lot of raspberries. We ate them raw, made some new recipes, and still had some for freezing. I’m so happy about that, because now autumn started… and we started to go to school and kindergarden. The good thing that I am on vocations so I have quiet time to drink tea and to think what can I do good for my family.
I made this dessert last year several times. But I was late to add recipe here, so it waited quietly for today.
I found the soft sourness of rhubarb very very delicious with cream cheese cream. Others also liked it a lot. This year rhubarbs in my garden has grown and this weekend I am going to repeat again this dessert.