- Leave a Comment
- Related Items
A few days ago I thought that I baked cookies very long time ago. And my mother mentioned that she liked the cookies that baked with chocolate. And I wanted oat cookies. So when I saw this recipe I decided to make them 🙂 Because my hubby don’t want to eat sweets, almost all cookies went to my work. And I have to say that I had no cookies to take home 🙂
Yields: 30 cookies
Calories: 194 kcal / cookie
1 cup = 237 ml
- 1 cup (230 g) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsps. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups puffed rice
- 200 g chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, followed by vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix in oats and puffed rice, then stir in chocolate chunks, coconut and walnuts until everything is well-distributed.
- With the help of teaspoon drop the dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until edges are turning golden brown.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Source: Baking Bites
For me cottage cheese and apples looked like a strange duet, but something kept pushing me to try this recipe. And the cake is juicy and refreshing but also not very sweet. It’s really good. 🙂
Loved from the first bite 🙂 Especially liked it my hubby – he’s the spicy food lover. For the children I didn’t even let them to taste 🙂 Not because of jealousy, just they still love mild tastes.
We don’t eat smoked bacon with onions and bread often, just sometimes 🙂 But after visiting family in farm we got a big cut of smoked bacon. So I baked buns with bacon. I just love them, but my hubby don’t. Anyway, I baked and froze a lot of buns, so now I have snack or breakfast for a long time:)
Very good snack. Kids came from the kinder-garden and ate only these sticks till none was left. I had to hide some for photo session. I baked them already two times. The first time I rolled sticks in sesame seeds, but the next day I had joy cleaning all house with vacuum-cleaner from the seeds 🙂 The next time I put sesame seeds inside the dough and it was more practical and the taste didn’t differ very much.
This morning was cloudy so it was a good time to cook this oatmeal. My kids don”t like simple oatmeal (or I just think that I still didn”t learn to cook it tasty), so I decided to make a little bit sweet but still healty version. Banana gives mild sweetness and nuts adds some crunchy texture. In the original recipe walnuts are used, but we don”t like them so I changed them to hazelnuts. At the end my little one asked next time not to add nuts at all. So decide by yourself to use or not to use nuts in your oatmeal.