- Leave a Comment
- Related Items
A few days ago I thought that I baked cookies very long time ago. And my mother mentioned that she liked the cookies that baked with chocolate. And I wanted oat cookies. So when I saw this recipe I decided to make them 🙂 Because my hubby don’t want to eat sweets, almost all cookies went to my work. And I have to say that I had no cookies to take home 🙂
Yields: 30 cookies
Calories: 194 kcal / cookie
1 cup = 237 ml
- 1 cup (230 g) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsps. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups puffed rice
- 200 g chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, followed by vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix in oats and puffed rice, then stir in chocolate chunks, coconut and walnuts until everything is well-distributed.
- With the help of teaspoon drop the dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until edges are turning golden brown.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Source: Baking Bites
I baked this challah a lot of times, because I just love it. The last time I baked it I prepared the dough and to rise the first time I put it in a fridge for the night. The next morning I took it out, formed challah and let rise it the second time, then baked it. So that morning we had delicious breakfast with still warm challah.
These muffins are really good, because they are very moist, not very sweet and of course – they are with chocolate! My kids just love them and at one time ate almost everything (my hubby helped them a little bit 🙂 ). So we agreed that we will repeat very soon.
For real – this is my favourite granola bars. I like especially to substitute 1 tablespoon of brown sugar with molasses sugar. My all family also likes them for snack and everytime these bars are gone, they miss them.
I still have apples and they are shouting that I have to make something from them before I have to throw them away. I chose this recipe because I had some vanilla sauce and in the recipe it was suggested to eat it with ice creams. Children like the cake even without the sauce.
Autorius: Aušra Data: 2009-09-24 Very delicious rolls. And you can make then very easily, especially if you use breadmaker machine. Also you can roll them very quickly and with no effort, but it looks gorgeous …