2014 06 29 / Šeimos Virtuvė / / Print /
- Leave a Comment
My kids just love corn. The first time I baked these fritter, they disappeared in a minute so there was nothing to photograph. Today I made some shots and only then invited kids to the table. And that was a good move, because fritters again disappeared in a minute. So if you or your kid like corn, I really recommend you to make them.
Yields: 2 servings
Calories: 266 kcal / 1 serving
- 30 g flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup (I skip it)
- 2 tbsps. milk
- 200 g canned corn, drained
- 1-2 tbsps. green onion, chopped
- 1-2 tbsps. sunflower oil
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Separate egg yolk from the white and add yolk to the flour mixture. Also add milk and syrup and mix.
- In another bowl whisk egg white till forms stiff peaks. Carefully mix it in the batter.
- Then add corn and chopped green onion in to the batter and carefully mix it.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Drop a tablespoon of the batter and cook for 1-2 minutes until the undersides are golden. Flip over and cook the other side.
- Serve hot with tomato and basil salads or enjoy them on it’s own like we always do 🙂 .