- Leave a Comment
It is no secret, every October we celebrate my hubby birthday. On this occasion, the daughter decided to surprise him and make for breakfast waffles. But her dad does not like sweet pancakes, but pizza flavoured pancakes were very welcoming. Of course, the daughter needed some help, but most of the work she has done alone, and very easily, because the kitchen appliances were at hand.
When today children heard that will be these waffles for lunch, impatiently waited until they baked and of course waffles disappeared quickly. Daughter even after a dance session ate all leftovers. She literally licked the plate clean (I had to look carefully into the plate to understand that it was not washed out :)). But don’t think that some wild people live down here in our house, I have to mention that she licked the sauce with waffle, not with the tongue 🙂
So, not much left to say. Well, I can mention that the original recipe used more fat but it was too greasy for me so I changed it a little bit. Also, once we made these waffles with ham, and another with sausage. We liked with ham more.
Yields: 4 servings
Calories: 582 kcal / serving
- 100 g butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 250 ml milk (or 150 ml coffee cream + 100 ml water)
- 50 g rye flour
- 200 g wheat or spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking flour
- 1/2 (about 50 g) red bell pepper, chopped
- 50 g black olives, chopped
- 50 g cheese, grated
- 50 g smoked ham or sausage, chopped
- In a blender bowl add bell pepper, olives, cheese and ham. Pulse a few times, till you get grain size crumbs.
- In another bowl mix all other ingredients.
- Add crumbs from blender bowl and mix.
- Bake in a well heated waffle pan.
- Hot waffles lay on grid to cool. This will help waffles to stay crisp.
Source: Gaminame su šeima (Projektai šeimai, 2012)