1 val. 30 min. / 6 / / Print /
- Leave a Comment
Very moist meatloaf. The taste is very mild so very delicious with hot tomato sauce.
Yields: 6 servings
1 cup = 237 ml
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oat flakes
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 2 tsps. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. dry mustard powder
- 700 g ground meat
- 1/2 cup hot tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Coat a large loaf pan with the vegetable cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with a fork.
- Mix in milk, oat flakes and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- To the egg mixture stir in zucchini, onion, parsley, salt, pepper, basil, oregano and mustard powder.
- Add ground meat and gently combine. Place in prepared pan and press down slightly.
- In a small bowl combine the marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Spread on top of meat.
- Bake for 1-1 1/4 hours.
- Allow meatloaf to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.
Source: Eating Well… Living Thin(er!)