Buns with bacon
- Leave a Comment
We don’t eat smoked bacon with onions and bread often, just sometimes 🙂 But after visiting family in farm we got a big cut of smoked bacon. So I baked buns with bacon. I just love them, but my hubby don’t. Anyway, I baked and froze a lot of buns, so now I have snack or breakfast for a long time:)
Buns with bacon
Calories: 4041 kcal / all
- 500 g flour
- 250 ml milk
- 15 g fresh or 1 tsp dry active yeast
- 15 g sugar
- 50 g margarine
- pinch salt
- 250 g smoked bacon
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 50 g dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. clove
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. water
- Heat milk and pour into the bowl.
- Put yeast and one teaspoon of sugar into the glass and rub, till yeast becomes fluid.
- Then pour in milk (milk should be less then 35°C), put half of the flour and whisk.
- Sift with the flour, cover with towel and put bowl in the warm place to rise.
- After 2-3 hours put the rest flour, salt, sugar and knead.
- At the end of kneading pour melted margarine.
- Knead the dough until it won’t stick to the bowl and your hands and you’ll see air bubbles.
- Even the dough in the bowl, coat with fats and put in the warm place to rise again.
- Chop onion and saute in a pan with a little bit of butter.
- Into the same pan put fine-cut bacon and let them warm (don’t fry). Take off the heat.
- Put seasonings, bread crumbs and mix.
- Roll the dough to 1 cm thickness. Cut with the glass rounds.
- Fill the dough round with one teaspoon of the filling and press the edges well.
- Put buns in the baking tray with the joint down.
- Let rise, coat with an egg and water mixture and bake till the buns browns.
Source: Drąsutienė E. ir kt. Valgių gaminimas (1992)