2010 06 28 / Šeimos Virtuvė / / Print /
- Leave a Comment
Somehow I forget to set my breadmaker to bake the bread or remember only very late in the evening. If there was no bread the next day my hubby would be starving 🙂 So I had to do something. And have to say that hubby very liked the bread with cheese.
Yields: 1 loaf
Calories: 1507 kcal / loaf
- 70 g oat or wheat bran
- 300 g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 350 ml buttermilk or natural yoghurt
- In a bowl mix bran, flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Pour in buttermilk and mix until you get solid dough. Add a little bit more flour, if needed.
- Form round loaf and put it on the baking tray lined with baking paper or in the rectangular form pan.
- With the sharp knife cut the cross on the top of loaf.
- Bake in 180-200°C preheated oven about 30-40 minutes.
Source: Lengvi receptai I (Laisvos valandos, 2011)