- Leave a Comment
Very delicious chicken. We prepared if a few times but it was very hard to take photos. The first time I overcooked the chicken but glaze was thicker. The second time I cooked less but the glaze was thin. So I think the best would be to cook chicken (not over cook), then take it out and cook liquid to prepare good glaze 🙂 Anyway, both times it was delicious supper for my family.
Yields: 4 servings
Calories: 203 kcal / serving
1 cup = 237 ml
- 8 chicken drumsticks (skin on)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsps. sugar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and bruised
- 1 small hot chili pepper, slit open, seeds removed
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan over a high heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove any scum that rises to the surface. Increase the heat, turning the drumsticks frequently in the sauce, and cook until the liquid has reduced to a sticky glaze.
- Arrange the chicken on a serving platter, remove the garlic clove and chili from the liquid, and spoon the glaze over.