Cake with the caramelized bananas
- Leave a Comment
This year my little boy turned 4! And this is his cake. I spend a lot of time looking for the right cake. The choice was good! Maybe a little bit cream was fat, but it was tasty. Also I drizzled sponge with cherry compote. For 6 people the cake was too big, so leftovers I freezed and now I can enjoy it with the afternoon coffee 🙂
Cake with the caramelized bananas
Yields: 16 servings
Calories: 324 kcal / serving
- 2 eggs
- 250 g sugar
- 50 g margarine
- 250 ml yoghurt (I used natural)
- 2 tbsps. cacao
- 1 tsp. baking soda (I used baking powders)
- 1 tsp. vanilla sugar
- 375 ml flour
- 1/2 tsp. lemon acid
- Banana layer:
- 3-4 bananas
- 100 g sugar
- 55 g butter
- 1 tbsp. rum (didn’t used)
- Cream and cream cheese layer:
- 360 g cream cheese
- 400 ml cream, 35% fat
- 50 g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. sour cream
- 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- First of all bake the sponge: Beat eggs with the sugar, vanilla sugar, cacao, soft margarine. Put lemon acid to the yoghurt and mix, then put baking soda and mix well – should become fluffy foam. Then mix eggs mixture with the yoghurt. With blender working on slow speed mix to the egg-yoghurt mixture flour. Line cake form (26 cm diameter) with the baking paper. Divide dough into the three parts and first part pour in baking pan and bake in preheated to 180°C oven about 10-15 minutes (don’t over-bake, the top should be sticky if touched with the finger). Still hot sponge turn on another baking paper and peal the first baking paper. If it’s hard to take off the paper, moisten it with cold water. Do the same with other two parts of the dough.
- Then prepare caramelized bananas: Cut bananas into slices or cubes. In a pan on the medium heat melt the butter and put bananas. Sprinkle with sugar and mix while it dissolves. Mixture should became thicker and caramelize. Then pour rum and heat a little bit more. Take from the heat and let cool completely.
- Prepare cream cheese layer: Mix cream cheese with the milk and sour cream. Mix in sugar and vanilla sugar. In another bowl beat cream to the foams. Slowly mix cream into the cream cheese mixture. Put into the fridge.
- Layer the cake: Put in the baking form one sponge layer (I watered it with cherry compote), put one third of the cream cheese mixture, level evenly. The put half of caramelized bananas. Put another sponge layer. Do the same – put one third of cream cheese and leftover of bananas. On top put the last sponge and cover all cake with the leftover of the cream cheese mixture. Now you can decorate by your desires.
- My decorations: Found the picture what I needed. Printed on the regular paper. Cut baking paper a little big bigger size than the picture and pin picture with the baking paper. Melt dark chocolate, pour in the culinary bag and paint with the chocolate picture profile. Then melt white and mix with the chosen food colour. Again put it to the culinary bag and colour the painting. After that I had to melt another white chocolate square and it was somehow bad – it lumped and fat separated. So I put picture in the fridge (freezer) to get cool, then when it was firm I transferred picture on the cake. The last part – I had to do something with the windows and lamps. So I took about one teaspoon of gelatin and melted it in the 200 ml of water. Then divided to two bowls and coloured with different colours. Put for about 5-10 minutes into the fridge while it started to jelly. Then with the spoon filled picture parts with jelly. And that”s all 🙂