- Leave a Comment
The first time I made them for Christmas presents, but they are really good, so sometimes I prepare them just for us. They good for a snack or next to the cold beer. The last time I made them I put just a little bit less cayenne pepper, and my kids enjoyed them too.
Yields: 6 servings
Calories: 250 kcal / serving
1 cup = 237 ml
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsps. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. chilli powder
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1½-1¾ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2½ cup (300 g) almonds (or other nuts)
- Beat egg white till the strong peaks.
- In another bowl mix all seasonings and carefully mix in egg white.
- Then pour nuts and mix, coat all nuts with seasonings.
- Pour in one layer into a baking tray, lined with baking paper. Bake in a preheated to 150°C oven for 15 minutes.
- Then take out, mix, seperate nuts from each other. Lower heat to 120°C and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Then take nuts out, mix, seperate and let cool completely.
- Enjoy with cold lithuanian beer!
Source: Nekenčiu virtuvės