- Leave a Comment
These were our breakfast today! They are just perfect – sweet, crunchy and very very delicious! If you like cinnamon like us, you will like these toasts too. I prepared them the quick way – just mixed all ingredients and didn’t wait untill sugar melts. Maybe it would be just more tasty, but time was my enemy and I had not much time becaue kids were already hungry.
Yields: 4 servings
Calories: 325 kcal / serving
- 8-10 slices white bread
- 100 g butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- If your butter is right from the fridge and you have microwave, just put butter in it for 15-20 seconds. Mix all ingredients except the bread in a bowl till mixture will be solid.
- Coat bread slices with butter mixture and put on a baking tray.
- Bake 10 minutes, then turn on top heating element (broiler) and bake a few minutes more.
- Invite everyone to the table and enjoy these delicious toasts with a cruchy top!
Source: The Pioneer Woman