- Leave a Comment
I’ve heard a lot of compliments on these sticks. And they were tasted not only by my family, but by a lot of people in my mother’s relatives gathering. From this amount you will bake a lot of cheese sticks, so when I saw it I devided it in halves and the first half was baked the same day for the gathering. The second part was baked next day only for my family. So what can I say… You should really wait and let rest dough in a refrigerator, because next day they were lighter and moister. By the way, I made half with caraway and in another half I omitted it. I liked both variants, so you decide by yourself to use caraway or not.
Yields: 24 servings
Calories: 206 kcal / 1 serving
- 250 g cream cheese
- 200 g natural yoghurt
- 1 egg yolk
- 200 g butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 7 g dry active yeast
- 500 g flour
- 70 g parmesan cheese, grated (I used Džiugas)
- 80 g cheese, grated (I used Rokiškio jubiliejinis)
- caraway (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tbsps. milk
- In a bowl mix yeast, yoghurt, cream cheese, salt and egg yolk. Melt butter and pour it into a bowl. Mix.
- Add flour and knead the dough. It should be soft. Put dough in a refrigerator and leave there for the night.
- Next day roll dough into a 0,5 cm thick rectangular and cut into the sticks. Put them on a baking tray, lined with baking paper.
- Coat sticks with egg and milk mixture, then sprinkle with mix of cheeses. If you like, sprinkle with caraway.
- Bake in a preheated to 180°C oven about 15 minutes, while nicely browns.
- Enjoy with your favourite beer!
Source: Laisvalaikis virtuvėje