2014 01 26 / Šeimos Virtuvė / / Print /
- Leave a Comment
Time after time I try new bread recipes but rarely I bake by them bread again because they don’t impress me much. But this yoghurt bread is different – it’s very soft inside, rises perfectly and inside it’s very very white. Also one more merit – it’s made with yoghurt. Yes, we have yoghurt almost always in our refrigerator, and milk is more a guest in our home.
Yields: 1 loaf
Calories: 2274 kcal / loaf
- 450 g wheat flour
- 15 g fresh or 5 g dry active yeast
- 150 g natural yoghurt
- 45 g neutral oil
- 105 g tepid water
- 20 g sugar
- 9 g salt
- Put all ingredients, except salt, to the kitchen mixer bowl and knead 4 minutes. Then add salt and knead 6 minutes more.
- Form dough into the ball and put in a warm place for 30 minutes to rise.
- Then form bread, dip for a second in a cold water and put in a baking form lined with baking paper. Cover and let rise for 1,5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Put prepared bread in an oven and lower the heat to 200°C. Bake for 25 minutes. Then take bread out of the baking form, put on wire racks and bake for 10 minutes more. This last step is very important, because bread crust is very soft and easily deformated, and the baking without baking form lets form more rigid crust. Let cool completely and enjoy!