- Leave a Comment
Chicken is quite often prepared for lunch or dinner at our house, so it’s not surprise that I try to find new recipes with it. Till now I haven’t tried chicken with lemon. But this recipe is with mild lemon taste and is not very sour, so all my family enjoy it.
Yields: 6 servings
Calories: 488 kcal / 1 serving
1 cup = 237 ml
- 1,4-1,8 kg chicken parts (suggestion to use thighs)
- 2 tbsps. lemon peel, only yellow part
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 tbsps. fresh or 2 tsps. dried thymes
- 1 tbsp. fresh or 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black peppers
- 2-3 tbsps. butter, melted
- In a bowl mix lemon juice, lemon peel, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Cut into each chicken piece one or two times – this will help the marinade. Place the chicken pieces in marinade and turn over that every side was coated with marinate. Cover bowl and put in the refrigerator. Let marinate for at least for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 210°С. Remove chicken from marinade and place in a single layer in baking dish, skin side up. Reserve the marinade. Use a pastry brush to brush a little melted butter on to each piece of chicken.
- Bake 50-55 minutes, until the skins are crispy brown, and from cut chicken runs clear juice. Half-way through the baking, baste the chicken pieces generously with reserved marinade.
- Baked chicken take out of the oven, cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve chicken with the baking juices on the side or a little poured over the top of the chicken. Enjoy!
Source: Simply Recipes