- Leave a Comment
For a few years I was looking for cabbage salads that my family enjoyed. And this is the one – I made them maybe 5 times or more. The secret I think is celery. Remember, we don’t like it, but this time I think it’s essential. So I want to remember these salads till the next autumn or winter and that’s why I add the recipe here – the safest place for the recipes I know 🙂
Yields: 4 servings
Calories: 82 kcal / 1 serving
- 1/4 small cabbage
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 1-2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1-2 carrots, grated
- black peppers
- 3 tbsps. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsps. sour cream or natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp. lemon peel, grated
- Slice finely cabbage and put in a big bowl. I like to use food processor for this step.
- Mix in onion, carrots and celery. Season with salt and peppers.
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, sour cream and lemon peel. Pour over the cabbage and mix. Cover with food film and let rest for 2 hours in a refrigerator, mixing time after time.
Source: 500 visų laikų geriausių receptų (Naujoji Rosma, 2001)