Oat cocoa walnut cookies
- Leave a Comment
- Related Items
This time I wanted to do something with chocolate or cocoa. Everyone liked these cookies because they are crumbly and with a sweet flavour of walnuts.
Oat cocoa walnut cookies
1 cup = 237 ml
- 110 g cup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line 1-2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whiz the walnuts with vanilla sugar with the blender in short bursts till finely chopped.
- Add the cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder, and process again till well mixed.
- Place the butter, sugar and egg in a large bowl and beat till well blended and fluffy.
- Beat in the flour till incorporated completely.
- Now fold in the oats, combining well.
- Place heaped tablespoons on the greased cookie sheets, leaving the space around for spreading.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes till done.
- Cool on racks and store in an airtight container.
Source: Passionate About Baking
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Sweet cookies with the mild taste of peanuts. And a little bit healthy because with oats 🙂 In original recipe used sugar for me was too much, so I used only white sugar and still for me cookies were too sweet. But my children ate have of cookies at once and hubby said that sweetness of cookies it just right.
Oatmeal with banana and nuts
This morning was cloudy so it was a good time to cook this oatmeal. My kids don”t like simple oatmeal (or I just think that I still didn”t learn to cook it tasty), so I decided to make a little bit sweet but still healty version. Banana gives mild sweetness and nuts adds some crunchy texture. In the original recipe walnuts are used, but we don”t like them so I changed them to hazelnuts. At the end my little one asked next time not to add nuts at all. So decide by yourself to use or not to use nuts in your oatmeal.
Banana granola sugar-free and oil-free
nother name of this granola should be “It can’t be more healthy” 🙂 Now almost every sweet is too sweet for me, that’s why I liked this granola – it has only a mild sweetness. But making this granola you should use really overripe banana.
Cocoa dusted hazelnuts
Once girls from Kaunas invited me to join small party called “50 cocoa shades”. I scrolled a lot of recipes and tried three of them, but only one was the one (others were good enough to eat, but just it). These nuts are very contagious – you start to nibble and forget to stop. They are not too sweet, you perfectly taste hazelnuts, so I liked them very very much.
Cherry cake with chocolate
I bookmarked this recipe long ago. And this week everyday after work I thought to bake it, but… This weekend I said “now or never” and I’m happy to say that it was “now”. I baked it from half portion and made a mistake. When my hubby tasted it he said “I my God, you’ll have to bake it again”. The little one was crying near the empty plate pleasing for more 🙁 Good to know that I still have some cherries in the freezer, so they won’t have to wait very long 🙂