Oat cocoa walnut cookies
- Leave a Comment
- Related Items
This time I wanted to do something with chocolate or cocoa. Everyone liked these cookies because they are crumbly and with a sweet flavour of walnuts.
Oat cocoa walnut cookies
1 cup = 237 ml
- 110 g cup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line 1-2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whiz the walnuts with vanilla sugar with the blender in short bursts till finely chopped.
- Add the cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder, and process again till well mixed.
- Place the butter, sugar and egg in a large bowl and beat till well blended and fluffy.
- Beat in the flour till incorporated completely.
- Now fold in the oats, combining well.
- Place heaped tablespoons on the greased cookie sheets, leaving the space around for spreading.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes till done.
- Cool on racks and store in an airtight container.
Source: Passionate About Baking
This morning was cloudy so it was a good time to cook this oatmeal. My kids don”t like simple oatmeal (or I just think that I still didn”t learn to cook it tasty), so I decided to make a little bit sweet but still healty version. Banana gives mild sweetness and nuts adds some crunchy texture. In the original recipe walnuts are used, but we don”t like them so I changed them to hazelnuts. At the end my little one asked next time not to add nuts at all. So decide by yourself to use or not to use nuts in your oatmeal.
After a long term there comes the cookies which my daughter liked very very much. Other cookies for her a too dry, she likes only the ones with dried friuts or nuts, or seeds. My son is a “white flour boy”, he can eat all cookies and these cookies were not different 🙂 . Puffed rice gives these crunchy cookies some softness. Chocolate like always gives for the cookies some charminess and while cookies are warm it is still melted and that’s the way my daughter likes 🙂
This year we met at home only with kids. So the preparation for the evening wasn’t much. This cake in all recipe sources got a lot of compliments. I agree with them – it’s really good and simple. I used 26cm cake form. And I really suggest you to warm the mascarpone and condensed milk mixture, because if you won’t do it you’ll get lumps when you pour gelatine (Then I had to put the mixture in a warm bath and wait till mixture warms and lumps dissolve).
Sweet cookies with the mild taste of peanuts. And a little bit healthy because with oats 🙂 In original recipe used sugar for me was too much, so I used only white sugar and still for me cookies were too sweet. But my children ate have of cookies at once and hubby said that sweetness of cookies it just right.
Author: Aušra Date: 2010-10-17 Carrot muffins where you can’t feel carrots because it smells banana 🙂 If you don’t like the taste of carrots in bakings – these muffins are just for you. Carrot muffins …