Oat cocoa walnut cookies
- Leave a Comment
- Related Items
This time I wanted to do something with chocolate or cocoa. Everyone liked these cookies because they are crumbly and with a sweet flavour of walnuts.
Oat cocoa walnut cookies
1 cup = 237 ml
- 110 g cup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line 1-2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whiz the walnuts with vanilla sugar with the blender in short bursts till finely chopped.
- Add the cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder, and process again till well mixed.
- Place the butter, sugar and egg in a large bowl and beat till well blended and fluffy.
- Beat in the flour till incorporated completely.
- Now fold in the oats, combining well.
- Place heaped tablespoons on the greased cookie sheets, leaving the space around for spreading.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes till done.
- Cool on racks and store in an airtight container.
Source: Passionate About Baking
This morning was cloudy so it was a good time to cook this oatmeal. My kids don”t like simple oatmeal (or I just think that I still didn”t learn to cook it tasty), so I decided to make a little bit sweet but still healty version. Banana gives mild sweetness and nuts adds some crunchy texture. In the original recipe walnuts are used, but we don”t like them so I changed them to hazelnuts. At the end my little one asked next time not to add nuts at all. So decide by yourself to use or not to use nuts in your oatmeal.
At first I was very sceptical about this recipe, because I thought that butterscotch and dried fruits won’t fit together. I was wrong and I am very happy about that 🙂 Dried fruits are perfect here, the dessert is not too sweet because of them.
These healthy muffins are extremely moist and delicious.
I’m happy and proud. This cake is not just tasty but very cute 🙂 It was made for my daughter’s 5th birthday. But presenting it only now because somewhere at this time my blog is celebrating 3 year old birthday and at the same time I celebrated my birthday anniversary. But this year birthday was different – I didn’t do anything, just celebrated 🙂
A few weeks ago I started to think that it would be good to make chocolate granola. And one day it was time for that. Although it’s more cocoa granola than chocolate, but anyway, it was good combination with coconuts.