Oat cocoa walnut cookies
- Leave a Comment
- Related Items
This time I wanted to do something with chocolate or cocoa. Everyone liked these cookies because they are crumbly and with a sweet flavour of walnuts.
Oat cocoa walnut cookies
1 cup = 237 ml
- 110 g cup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line 1-2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whiz the walnuts with vanilla sugar with the blender in short bursts till finely chopped.
- Add the cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder, and process again till well mixed.
- Place the butter, sugar and egg in a large bowl and beat till well blended and fluffy.
- Beat in the flour till incorporated completely.
- Now fold in the oats, combining well.
- Place heaped tablespoons on the greased cookie sheets, leaving the space around for spreading.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes till done.
- Cool on racks and store in an airtight container.
Source: Passionate About Baking
Kids-friendly recipe but also very good for adults. I made it for several times and every time all family loved it.
I’m happy and proud. This cake is not just tasty but very cute 🙂 It was made for my daughter’s 5th birthday. But presenting it only now because somewhere at this time my blog is celebrating 3 year old birthday and at the same time I celebrated my birthday anniversary. But this year birthday was different – I didn’t do anything, just celebrated 🙂
A few weeks ago I started to think that it would be good to make chocolate granola. And one day it was time for that. Although it’s more cocoa granola than chocolate, but anyway, it was good combination with coconuts.
Once great grandparents brought from the farmer market home made cottage cheese for there beloved grandchildren. But the cheese wasn’t so delicious as everyone wanted so for a long time it sat quietly in the corner of a fridge and waited. But the day has come when this cheese was used for unsweetened cookies, that tasted something between cookies and baked cottage pancakes. Everyone was happy – children, because they got tasty snack, cottage cheese – because at last he was useful, and parents – that didn’t throw away spend money.
One more way to make your kids happy. Preparation takes time because you have to chill the dough long. But the cookies are delicious and we liked it, out kids kindergarden liked them too 🙂