Oat cocoa walnut cookies
- Leave a Comment
- Related Items
This time I wanted to do something with chocolate or cocoa. Everyone liked these cookies because they are crumbly and with a sweet flavour of walnuts.
Oat cocoa walnut cookies
1 cup = 237 ml
- 110 g cup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line 1-2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whiz the walnuts with vanilla sugar with the blender in short bursts till finely chopped.
- Add the cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder, and process again till well mixed.
- Place the butter, sugar and egg in a large bowl and beat till well blended and fluffy.
- Beat in the flour till incorporated completely.
- Now fold in the oats, combining well.
- Place heaped tablespoons on the greased cookie sheets, leaving the space around for spreading.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes till done.
- Cool on racks and store in an airtight container.
Source: Passionate About Baking
A few weeks ago I started to think that it would be good to make chocolate granola. And one day it was time for that. Although it’s more cocoa granola than chocolate, but anyway, it was good combination with coconuts.
Somehow I forget to set my breadmaker to bake the bread or remember only very late in the evening. If there was no bread the next day my hubby would be starving 🙂 So I had to do something. And have to say that hubby very liked the bread with cheese.
Granola that smells honey, but very crunchy and addictive like sunflowers. Everytime I prepare it, half of it I eat alone – without milk, just like crunchy cookies. Even my hubby loved it, just honey is not recommended for him, so next time I will prepare it with golden syrup instead of honey. And I like this granola without any mix-ins!
At last I made these little puppies too. My daughter asked to give her something that she could treat her kindergarten group children. So good mother rolled up her sleeves and started to word ? This work was only pleasure. Of course it needed some time but these puppies are really worth it.
A little bit not ordinary cookies. You can’t taste zucchini, just it’s green skin says that cookies has a secret in side. Next time I will use quick cooking oats, because now I used old fashioned and eating cookies I could feel hard oats.