Cream cheese cookies
- Leave a Comment
- Related Items
Soft cookies that melts in you mouth. At my work they had real success, and the ones that left at home disappeared very quickly.
Cream cheese cookies
Yields: 30 cookies
Calories: 75 kcal / cookie
- 150 g cream cheese, soft (I used ricotta)
- 90 g butter, soft
- 150 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 120 g all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 160°C and prepare a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and the cream cheese.
- Slowly, mix in sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy (it’s best to use mixer or blender).
- Finally, beat in the egg, the vanilla extract and the salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together the baking powder and the flour and slowly add them to the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon the batter onto the baking pan.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, or until the bottom edge just barely turns brown. Make sure you do not over bake them.
- When you take cookies out of the oven, they have to look undone, but let cool them a little bit and they will become more firm, only then transfer them to cool completely on the rack.
It was really impulsive baking. I saw them in a magazine for parents in a section “Baking together”. 🙂 Together? So I asked if my kids want to bake something and they happily agreed. So I just measured all ingredients in purpose that my kids were not bored, and they started to work. The result came out perfect – smell was fantastic, and the taste was remarkable – berries gave some refreshing sourness and banana gave moisture. Even next day they were very good and left over disappeared too quickly. So I’m thinking to repeat them very soon again.
It’s very bad when you don’t write the recipe in the blog after you eat the cake 🙂 Then you have to look for the recipe for a few days. I baked this cake when we were going to the village and strawberries were still in the season. It had to be all strawberry, but I had no time so I use rhubarbs as they were near me. Rhubarb and strawberry combination isn’t new – it fits perfectly. And the texture of the cake is more like sponge than a teacake. I liked it very much.
One more way to make your kids happy. Preparation takes time because you have to chill the dough long. But the cookies are delicious and we liked it, out kids kindergarden liked them too 🙂
Yeah, I know… Christmas was last year. But I want to remember this recipe for the future. It’s exclusive because one of the ingredients is sour cream. I didn’t decorate them, because these cookies were for my kids to eat before sleep. And from other side, why I need to decorate them? These cookies are delicious all by them self.
I chose them because in the recipe it was written that they don’t spread. Yes, it’s correct. But I expected more crunchy, and they were soft. But they hole the form very well and are really delicious. I gave them as a present in my job. They disappeared in minutes 🙂 And I was asked for the recipes.