- Leave a Comment
Very delicious rolls. And you can make then very easily, especially if you use breadmaker machine. Also you can roll them very quickly and with no effort, but it looks gorgeous
Yields: 12-14 rolls
- 300 g bread flour
- 5 g instant dried yeast
- 10 g sugar
- 6 g salt
- 30 g unsalted butter (soft)
- 220-230 g one egg + whole milk
- Sausages (I use 3,5 because every sausage devided into 4 parts)
- cheese (optional)
- 1 eggfor glazing
- 2 tsp. waterfor glazing
- You can prepare dough two ways:
- With breadmaker: Put ingredients in this sequence: egg and milk, sugar, salt, butter, flour, yeast. Choose dough program and wait.
- With your own hands: Put the flour, the sugar and yeast in a bowl, whisk to combine, add and salt whisk again. Pour the egg and milk mixture into the bowl. Use large spoon to mix everything together. Take the dough out of the bowl and knead, you will see the dough will be elastic after about 2 minutes. Add the butter and knead for 10-15 minutes or until the dough is soft, pliable, smooth and slightly shiny. Put the dough into a light buttered bowl. Let the dough rise in a warm place until double in size (can be 1-1,5 hours).
- Then take the dough out of the bowl, cut the dough into 12-14 pieces, roll into a ball and let them rest for 10 minutes (meanwhile you can prepare sausages and cheese).
- Using a rolling pin to roll the dough into an oval shape, place the sausage in the middle, cut both side of the dough into strips, and place a piece of cheese slice over the sausage.
- Fold the strips alternating the left and right over the sausage.
- Place the dough on the oven sheet, lined with non stick baking paper (the cheese will melt while baking and some will leak).
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Brush rolls with egg wash.
- Bake for 8 minutes then reduce the temperature to 180°C and bake for 5 minutes more or until the rolls are golden brown.