2 val. / 8 / / Print /
- Leave a Comment
This year at last we planted rhubarb in our garden ? No one missed it, just me. This year it was young, so I used it all in this pie. Everything was in its place – mild sourness, a little bit of sweetness. Hmmm we liked it very much 🙂
Yields: 8 servings
1 cup = 237 ml
- 300 g flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 100 g butter
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 250 ml milk
- 600 g rhubarb
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 2 tbsps. starch
- 2 tbsps. sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Place sifted flour, butter, baking powder, sugar and salt to the blender bowl. Turn on blender and mix everything till crumbs.
- Then pour milk and knead till you get solid, elastic dough.
- Rap the dough to plastic film for food and put in the fridge for an our.
- Take rhubarb stems, wash them and cut to 8-10 cm pieces.
- In the deep pot boil some water. Put 2 tablespoons of sugar. Then put rhubarbs to the boiling water and them there for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle some starch, mix and pour to the sieve. Let cool.
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Grease rectangular baking form with butter.
- Take the dough out of the fridge, cut some piece of dough (about a palm size) and put aside. The rest of the dough thinly roll and cover with it baking form. Prick dough with the fork.
- Mix powdered sugar with the remaining starch and sift that mix over dough.
- Put rhubarb stems in one layer on the dough.
- Take the piece of dough that we put aside and roll thinly. Cut into strips and decorate with them the pie.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- When you take the pie of the oven, for 10 minutes put it on the wet cold towel – it will be much easier to take the pie from the baking form.
- Mix lemon juice with powdered sugar and brush with this mixture hot pie.
Source: Школа гастронома. Изысканные блюда