Risi e bisi
- Leave a Comment
It is classic Venice rice dish. Usually it”s served with more liquid than in risotto. And the most important – it is really easy and quick. We made it a few times, and always family is delighted.
Risi e bisi
Yields: 6 servings
- 60 g butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 60-90 g ham, cut in cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 300 g risotto rice
- 300 g peas, frozen
- black pepper
- 1 l chicken or vegetable stock, hot
- 60 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsps. choped parsley, for decoration
- In a big pot melt butter.
- When it will start to bubble, put onions, ham, garlic and fry on low heat for about 3-5 minutes till onions become soft but do not change its color. Do not forget to mix from time to time.
- Pour rice and mix to coat with butter.
- Pour frozen peas and seasonings.
- Pour half stock and constantly mixing stew on low heat till there will be no liquid.
- Then pour a little bit more stock and heat again till it soak to rice. Repeat it till rice become soft and the mixture – thick. It will take about 25 minutes.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with parmesan and parsleys.
Source: Mary Berry – Klasikinė virtuvė (Alma littera, 2005)