- Leave a Comment
Today we celebrate Easter in my son’s kindergarten. I was asked to bring few eggs, but I just had to put them somewhere. So I baked this basket 🙂 But while I was baking it, 2 eggs of 5 were eaten by my children, so I have to put candies to look basket pretty 🙂
Calories: 2750 kcal / all
1 cup = 237 ml
- 25 g fresh or 2 tsps dried active yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 cups flour
- 1 egg for greasing the dough
- Mix milk with water.
- Pour two spoons of that mixture into a glass, add yeast and leave for a few minutes.
- Mix egg, water with milk, oil, salt and sugar in the bowl.
- Slowly add flour.
- After adding flour make the dough until it’s soft and elastic.
- Leave it until it doubles it’s size.
- After that make for a while and form rollers.
- For making a basket you will need a bowl (glass and ovenproof). Wrap with foil the outside of the bowl. Turn the bowl upside down and form the basket.
- Make it the same way the baskets are made.
- Now form the brim of your basket.
- Draw the bowl on a greaseproof paper. Make three long rollers of the dough and make a plait. Lay the plait on the drawn circle.
- Now form three rollers more and make another plait. It’ll be the handle of your basket. Lay this plait over the diameter of your bowl.
- After forming all basket parts coat them with egg yolk and bake until they’re gold.
- Leave it and let the basket get cold.
- Stick all parts together with toothpicks.
Notes: I halved the recipe and use 0,5 liter glass bowls. It was enough for one basket.
Source: Na Miotle