Pumpkin cutout cookies
- Leave a Comment
- Related Items
I thought to bake these cookies for a long time, but… And one day I took the cup of pumpkin purée from the freezer and used only a half. So the day of that cookies has come 🙂 I rolled those cookies very thinly because I like thin cookies 🙂 Happy that I halved the recipe because I made a lot of cookies, really a lot. I give you the halved recipe.
Pumpkin cutout cookies
Yields: 40 cookies
Calories: 52 kcal / cookie
1 cup = 237 ml
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 115 g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a medium bowl combine flour, ginger, allspice, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and cloves.
- In a large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add pumpkin, honey and beat well.
- Add flour mixture to liquid ingredients. Beat on low speed until well mixed, scraping down sides of bowl with rubber spatula.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate about 2 hours, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place dough on floured surface. With floured rolling pin, roll out dough 6mm thick (or if you like thicker).
- With floured cookie cutters, cut dough into desired shapes. With spatula, carefully place cookies on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove cookies to wire racks to cool for about 5 minutes. If you want to frost, do it while cookies are still warm.
Source: Gifts from the Christmas Kitchen. Woman’s Day Special Interest Series (1994)
It’s super easy but super good! I couldn”t imagine that I will like it so much. Before I tried this dough, dumplings at my house was really a guest. But now I prepare them with meat, curd or other chosen filling. My family likes it. I saw that Skanus gyvenimas prepared very similar dumpling dough but with eggs. I didn”t tried it yet, but sure it should taste even more better. But anyway, the recipe below gives very plastic, not sticking, unshrinkable dough. It”s a little bit like plasteline 🙂 And I just love it.
Autorius: Aušra Data: 2009-10-08 We didn’t want anything sweet, but zucchini still was looking sadly at me. So I had to do something. Decided to make these muffins because they looked perfect for a snack. …
Today we celebrate Easter in my son’s kindergarten. I was asked to bring few eggs, but I just had to put them somewhere. So I baked this basket 🙂 But while I was baking it, 2 eggs of 5 were eaten by my children, so I have to put candies to look basket pretty 🙂
For me cottage cheese and apples looked like a strange duet, but something kept pushing me to try this recipe. And the cake is juicy and refreshing but also not very sweet. It’s really good. 🙂
These muffins are really good, because they are very moist, not very sweet and of course – they are with chocolate! My kids just love them and at one time ate almost everything (my hubby helped them a little bit 🙂 ). So we agreed that we will repeat very soon.