- Leave a Comment
Quick and easy dish. That”s what I need for supper. I liked that there is no cheese. But I don’t know about my hubby. He is the cheese lover, but eating this dish he didn’t mentioned cheese. So I don”t know he was satisfied with the meal or just tired repeating that he needs cheese 🙂 Any way – the dish is good and classic.
Yields: 4 servings
Calories: 392 kcal / serving
1 cup = 237 ml
- 400 g pasta
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (400 g) pealed tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 2 tsps. capers, drained
- 1/4 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a sauce pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and anchovies and let cook 2-3 minutes, until garlic is golden and anchovies begin to break down.
- Add drained tomatoes to pan, crush with a wooden spoon and turn the heat to medium. Let cook about 15 minutes.
- Add in olives, capers, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Toss sauce with pasta and sprinkle with basil leaves for garnish.
Source: sophisticated pie