- Leave a Comment
We just love tortillas. I tried this recipe more than once. Every time disappears very quickly, because my kids and me just eat them warm plain. My hubby doesn’t adore pastry, but he enjoys eating tortillas with some filling. So I really recommend to try – it’s simple, quick and better one hundred time than store bought.
Yields: 12 units 15 cm diameter tortillas
Calories: 114 kcal / tortilla
1 cup = 237 ml
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsps. oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- Heat milk in microwave or on stove till boiling.
- Mix all dry ingredients in mixer bowl. Pour oil.
- Let mix a little bit and slowly pour hot milk. Mix till the dough will not stick to the sides of bowl, about 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle some flour on clean surface, take the dough out of mixer bowl and kneat a little bit with hands. Devide dough to 12 parts (I devide to 8 parts because my pan is 26cm diameter).
- Roll out the dough to 15 cm diameter circles.
- Bake tortillas in a hot pan for 30 seconds from both sides, or till the tortilla will brown nicely.
Source: Sonatinos receptai